Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

So....

Okay I've been putting this off long enough. Right now I'm staying in a hospital....in a location that I will keep to myself, for Alice's and my own safety.

I had been talking to people on skype when Nick arrived. The only warning I got was the soft click of him pulling back the hammer. I quickly rolled to the side as the gunshot went off, I wasn't ready for the small explosion when the bullet impacted the building. I looked at the small crater where I had once been. The next gunshot snapped me back to attention and I rolled to my feet running towards the edge of the building and jumped as another explosion went off. I landed on the next roof and reached for a throwing knife. I cursed when I realized that I had left my weapons in my backpack. All I could do was run as shot after shot was fired. Jumping from building to building I realized my only hope was to get back to my backpack. Looking at the roof tops I quickly calculated a route back to my original roof.

More and more explosions rang out around me. As I made the final leap back to the roof top with my weapons, he hit me. I can't describe the pain as the bullet entered and then exploded in my leg. I fell to the roof landing on my back, holding the bloody stump that was my left leg and screaming. I saw Nick getting closer, I started to slowly crawl towards my backpack and dug through it. I heard a click behind me and froze. "It's over Roy." I heard from behind me.

I had a pained grin on my face as I grasped the explosive in my hand, hidden from Nick's view. I actually forgot I had these. These were one of the weapons that had got me kicked out of a variety of colleges and almost got me put in jail. There small explosives that explode on contact. I picked them up awhile back and there not exactly legal. "Yea Nick, I guess it is" was my simple reply. I quickly turned throwing the small explosive at Nick before he had the chance to fire. I savored the look of shock on his face as Nick was blown off the building, falling a good three stories.

I looked at what was left of my left leg. Everything below my knee had been blown off. I looked away and began taking deep breaths trying not to go into shock. Luckily Alice had been talking to Ashley the entire time and by the time I had blown Nick off the roof she was there, staff in hand. She seemed disappointed when she realized she missed the fight. But she quickly got to work and was able to close my wound by cauterizing it. Which was quite...unpleasant.

Even with the bleeding stopped I still had the risk of infection. With this in mind Ashley decided she would take me to a hospital. We took the path back to the united States, fortunately we didn't encounter anything while on the path. So now I'm typing this from a hospital and Alice is giving me a curious look with what she calls her "scary eyes". There not the same green they were a couple days back. Now there the pure black that they are naturally. She of course changes them back to green whenever a nurse walks in but....

Speaking of Alice after further research and some coaxing from Alice I finally learned what she was....At first it shocked me, but after a lot of consideration I've decided to continue taking care of her.

So yea, what a wonderful week. Never found Abigail, pretty much adopted a little girl, and lost my left leg. At least it can't get much worse, right?

9 comments:

  1. "At least it can't get much worse, right?"

    I might just slap you for saying that, to prove that it can.

    But instead, I would like to slap Nick and put a live handheld blender up his ass. Is he still alive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point it's hard to say.....though considering he came back after getting his throat slit. So it would probably be safe to assume that he is in fact still alive.

      Delete
  2. "It can't get much worse"
    Famous fucking last words

    For fuck's sake Roy boy it's only been a couple weeks since the Wolf stopped babysitting you and not only have you apparently not learned to at least keep a knife on you, you've lost your fucking leg!

    So you've adopted the kid huh?
    You're the one that needs the fucking protection. You need a constant caretaker or some shit.

    Hey! Maybe that's what the kid will be hahaha

    Anyways get well soon stumpy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I was able to keep Wolf alive....I'll protect Alice too.

      Delete
    2. Wait a minute...
      Roy, let me just translate Fell's comment for you:

      "For fuck's sake Roy boy it's only been a couple weeks since the Wolf stopped babysitting you and not only have you apparently not learned to at least keep a knife on you, you've lost your fucking leg!"

      Translation:
      "I'm upset that you left yourself unarmed and that you got hurt so soon after leaving us."

      "So you've adopted the kid huh?
      You're the one that needs the fucking protection. You need a constant caretaker or some shit.

      Hey! Maybe that's what the kid will be hahaha"

      Translation:

      "Adopting a child seems unwise, especially if you are making the same old mistakes without learning. At this rate, the child will have to care for you"

      "Anyways get well soon stumpy!"

      Translation:

      "Regardless, I wish you well. Understand that my harshness is intended to shake you and force you to learn"

      Hope that helped

      Delete
    3. I know that it seems like I haven't learned. Like I'm just making the same old mistakes. But it's not like I could simply leave Alice alone...she's still just a little girl.

      About the not having a weapon on me. I've been angry at myself all day for that mistake. I mean it cost me my leg.

      Delete
  3. While I'm making prosthetics, would you like me to start work on a leg? Least I could do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful Med. If you need any further details you can contact me here:

      kitsunehelper@gmail.com

      Thank you in advance.

      Delete